- Four Wishes, Unbridled, La Manguita, Tiger Lily, Swish, Zephyrus
- Florida is an easy drive or short flight for most Americans
- Cruise from Ft. Lauderdale or Miami down to the Florida Keys for a USA trip, or try the west coast of Florida which is a short drive from Miami.
- The Bahamas is a close international destination with hundreds of small islands and sandy atolls. Shallow water makes this a great area for power yachts and catamarans.
- This is a three season destination — spring, summer and fall. Winter can be cold when those northers blow — 50F is too cold for swimming!
See the night life in Miami Beach or leisurely travel the Intercoastal Waterway from Palm Beach or Ft. Lauderdale in flat calm waters. Travel south to the Florida Keys (Key West is a favorite) with its small towns and beach bars and offshore reefs for watersports.
Or fly to the Bahamas. The distance is not too great for yachts to travel, but crossing the Gulfstream where the current goes against the prevailing winds can be extremely uncomfortable. Start in Nassau and see the Exumas or travel to the Abacos for a very away from it all experience. Turks and Caicos is another possibility for fishing, diving, snorkeling.
Ready to buy a large yacht? Many yachts will be based in the Bahamas if they are actively for sale. Plan a ‘try before you buy’ charter to see if that dream boats meets expectations.