- Visit the crystal clear waters, unique cultures, and gorgeous views of Greece, Croatia, Montenegro or Turkey in the Eastern Mediterrane
- Discover history along the flawless Croatian coastlines, the many Greek Isles, and Turkey’s ancient ports.
- The Eastern Med was the seat of civilization, enjoy the amazing range of history and cultures from architecture, to art and food as well as the friendly people..
Experience some of the World’s Renowned Sailing Spots
While the Virgin Islands are something of a home base for us, we charter many yachts in exciting places all over the world, including in the Eastern Mediterranean Sea. The range of options for a Mediterranean yacht charter is truly astounding. Try a traditional locally designed and built gulet with all the mod cons, a luxury mega yacht, or perhaps one of the new catamarans that are now available.From the ancient history of the Turkish coast to the diverse experiences found in the Greek Isles, your Mediterranean yacht charter will allow you to see some of the world’s most beautiful and renowned locations.
From Venice to Croatia to Montenegro
The Eastern Mediterranean begins around the famous Venetian waterways. Offering historical elegance and picturesque views, Venice is a perfect way to begin or end any yacht charter adventure. Traveling east from Venice into the Adriatic Sea, you’ll be able to visit one of the latest charter yacht hot spots, Croatia. Sailing between Venice and Croatia is a popular itinerary that will give you the experiences of the culturally unique Venetian waterways to the dramatic scenery of the pristine Croatian shoreline.
Alternatively, you might choose to board your motor yacht or even a sailing gulet in Montenegro just south of the Croatian border. This elegant, duty-free spot is popular with both clients and yachtsmen. From there, sail north into Croatia to visit the small islands that preserved as a national park and zig-zag back to the mainland to experience the snug harbors and unique walled towns. Or make your way to the larger towns of Split or Dubrovnik, where world-class food and local wines are just a stroll away from your yacht docked at the city wharfs.
Greece and the Greek Islands
The Eastern Mediterranean is home to one of the most popular charter destinations in the world, Greece and the Greek Islands. Many of our charter clients have expressed their love for the combination of history, culture and natural beauty found in Greece. From mega yachts to sporty sailing catamarans, Greece has yachts available in every size and price point.
Additionally, Greek yacht crews are world-renowned for their intimate knowledge of their country and love nothing more than being able to share their knowledge with guests. So make your wish list for a custom itinerary to visit Santorini, Athens, Mykonos, Poros, Skopelos (where Mama Mia was filmed!), or any number of other wonderful destinations. There are so many islands in Greece that your could sail here for weeks every year and not duplicate your itinerary.
The Ancient Turkish Coast
Turkey is a unique and spectacular part of the Eastern Mediterranean. A country at the crossroad of Europe and Asia, this seat of the Ottoman Empire has crystal clear waters, natural harbors, and a rich tradition of ship building and craftsmanship. Turkey’s sailing gulets are a modern version of cargo ships of old. Crafted of hand-carved wood with meticulous attention to detail, Turkish gulets boast spacious cabins and modern amenities without sacrificing their historic roots. Turkish shipyards are also esteemed for their elegant motor yachts, ranging from 70’ to 250’ – perfect for sailing from late fall to early spring.
Turkish crews often speak several languages and well-known for their work ethic. You can expect professional, quiet, and efficient service with a smile aboard your charter yacht. The Turkish people are warm and friendly, and encourage visitors to experience local traditions like a visit to the spice market or a trip to the hamman (bath house). The southern ports at Marmaris and Bodrum are both lovely jumping off points for cruising the Turkish coast, but there are also many other excellent departure locations along the southern coast.
Let the Regency charter consultants help you create a your ideal itinerary today, and enjoy a unique yacht charter that will carry you to new places, giving your reason to return over and over again.
- Rocky shorelines with small islands provide lots to see in this part of the Mediterranean Sea.
- Dining ashore becomes part of the experience of tasting the local food and interacting with welcoming people.
- Choose your itinerary based on how long you wish to sail each day, in this area you may want to consider a one way charter so you can see and do more.
- Yachts: Mogambo, Hemisphere, Cute Little Cat, ALYSSA, Idea
- Sun, clear water and many small islands and harbours to choose from mark the Eastern Mediterranean which is made up of Croatia, Greece, and Turkey.
- With many itineraries to choose from, you can take your time exploring rocky coastlines and sampling local food, wine and conviviality.
- Easy travel pace and lots of small towns to explore after tying up on the waterfront with traditional tavernas and welcoming locals.
- Ancient history and cultural artifacts dot this part of the Med allowing you to visualize distant generations.